Monday 25 May 2009

24th May 2009

Happy birthday Ali. Love and miss you.

Matthews new coords for the sat nav have turned up trumps. I have found an aire and it's 2.50 to top up your water and empty your poo. Result!

On the way there I had a scary moment. Coming up to a round about two gendarmes are sitting by their bikes with a speed camera. (not only in the UK) My sat nav bird in her clipped tones commanded me to take the 3rd exit at the roundabout. While performing this command I am rubber necking the gendarmes. I entered the 3rd exit to find a low bridge in front of me with 3.5 metres written on it. I've measured the height of my van at 3.4 metres. By the look at the chunks missing and scrapes on the roof. They may have measured it wrong and if they did, a Gaelic shrug would happen with the comment ce live. A cool attitude if it wasn't your van. I looked in my wing mirrors. A line of cars were waiting for me to proceed under the bridge. I made the decision to back out of the exit. I got out and went to every car and said “pardon Monsieur. Les auto tres grand. This was my best shot for can you back up mate. The gendarmes saw the jam so came over to see what was wrong. Thankfully they skilfully backed everyone up so I could reverse. I wave to each driver as I passed. All I got was a volley of thousand yard stares. Note to one self. Don't rubber neck.

As I write this, my wifi icon is blinking at me saying there is a connection. It's is secured.... So near yet so far.

A very hot day. I rationed my sunbathing as I didn't want to get a dose of prickly heat. If I over-do it before I turn brown, I'm scratching all over and screaming why me!!

I drove past a promising looking bank. So after parking up at the aire I decided to ride over there and see if it has proper potential. On the way there I saw a row of restaurants beside the fish market selling nothing but oysters. Diners were sitting at the outside tables with plates piled with the fishy crustacean. I gave this a miss as I have to disagree with the saying. 'Oysters taste of the sea'. They taste more like gritty bags of shit as far as I'm concerned.

The bank may be too high for speed sailing and depth is an issue as well. It has a rough north – south orientation. So could work in a NE travertine (I prolly spelt the local wind that occurs here wrong) Only time will tell.

After the ride I was famished so had crackers, cheese and sun dried tomatoes. Washed down with orange juice.

After I let my food go down I decided have a walk on the beach. (life is just too tough) The beach was too hot to walk on in bare feet so I meandered down to the waters edge to have a paddle. I had a huge shock. Lots of women were topless. No problem as far as I'm concerned. I love tits. Anyhow this woman had pulled the front of her bikini bottoms to one side and was sunbathing her beaver!! To compound this she was about 80 going on 90! Maybe it was a mistake. I hope so...

Matthew has cunningly avoided going to a wedding mid summer holiday. Kirsty his wife and two girls Ellie and Megan (who are brides maids) will fly down later to join him. He sent me a text. “I will probably be down your way the end of July. If you let me know where you are I will know where to avoid :)”.
I replied “Yes good idea :)”.

No comments:

Post a Comment