Friday 22 May 2009

Exploration


Woke up this morning feeling like shit. (there's a song in there somewhere) No reason why. I think I'm a little dehydrated. So I'm making a mental note to drink more. Before I came out to France I purchased a couple of camelbaks. One for sailing and a larger one for cycling. They are fantastic pieces of kit. I'm so impressed I bought the girls one each. They love them.

Went on a search for places to sail as there was no wind today. There are a lot of lagoons dotted around with low lying banks that may be worth a shot when it's breezy. I'm not too fussed about speed strips at the mo. All I want to do is get out sailing and have some fun.

At the beginning of the year I suffered a bout of depression. Which knocked the shit out of me. I lost enjoyment in everything. With the support of my family I got through it. But it shook me up to say the least. I'm not going to wax lyrical about it. But mental illness is truly horrible. Something like a broken leg can be seen and the sympathy's or piss take can be given. So many people suffer from this horrible condition in silence because it's considered easy to brush it aside and get on with life. I wish it was that easy. Nuff said!!

After the scouting session I went for a bike ride to check out port Leaucate. What a lovely place. Nice and clean with lots of shops to have a nose around. I made my way to one of the lagoons and got chatting with a local windsurfer. He seemed doubtful about speed strips around the area. But he sailed freestyle so it wasn't a big interest for him.

I had my first proper meal tonight. Fried jambon, oeufs and erm la rice (I bought that in the UK). It tasted too salty so most of it ended up in the bin. Alpen came to the rescue.

The hot spot I'm using is certainly the tiniest of hot spots. I move 5 feet and my wifi connection is lost. I would like to know who the owner is so I can complain to him. :) I'm at a loss as to where it's coming from as I'm not near any houses or factories.

Anyhow that's my day today and I'm hoping the weather comes through on monday as forecasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment